- The U.S. Justice and Treasury departments took action Thursday against a Russian hacking group known as “Evil Corp.,” which stole “at least” $100 million from banks using malicious software that swiped banking credentials, according to a joint press release.
- “Evil Corp.” is a name reminiscent of the nickname for the key malevolent corporation in the popular television drama “Mr. Robot.”
- In all, the action targets 17 individuals associated with the organization, including Evil Corp.’s leader, Maksim Yakubets. The State Department has offered a $5 million reward for information on Yakubets.
(Note: Crowley wasn’t a Satanist, but what can you expect from the Daily Mail?)
- Derelict home of Satanist has been torched near shores of Loch Ness, Scotland
- Aleister Crowley reportedly practised black magic there between 1899 and 1933
- The main property has been destroyed in a fire ‘deliberately started by arsonists’
- Estate agents had just found a buyer for the derelict property a week ago
Video captures the moment hero cops shoot and kill Connor Betts during his murderous rampage in Dayton, Ohio — with him collapsing just steps from the front door of a packed bar.
Surveillance footage shows dozens of joyful revelers, some hugging warmly, forced to suddenly flee for their lives as the masked 24-year-old starts firing his legally purchased AR-15-style rifle with magazines capable of holding at least 100 rounds of ammunition.
Betts can be seen wearing a bulletproof vest as he races toward a bar with his rifle raised.
But he collapses just steps from the front door as cops gun him down.
Another angle shows at least six officers rushing forward with guns drawn, with officials saying they were able to stop Betts just 30 seconds after the massacre started.
He was still able to kill nine people — including his own sister — and wound 27 more in his rampage just after 1 a.m. in Dayton’s popular nightlife district.
“We will never know how many lives were saved,” Gov. Mike DeWine said at a Sunday afternoon press conference. “The assailant was obviously very, very close to being able to kill dozens and dozens more people.”
Russian Tactical Lessons Learned Fighting Chechen
Timothy L. Thomas
To cite this article: Timothy L. Thomas (2005) Russian Tactical Lessons Learned
Fighting Chechen Separatists, Journal of Slavic Military Studies, 18:4, 731-766,
Catherine Share, who inspired Gypsy in the film, is speaking out about Manson in the upcoming special “Manson: The Women.”
In Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a fictionalized version of Charles Manson and his followers play a supporting role to the story of two fictional characters (Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt) in the entertainment industry. Quentin Tarantino took a lot of liberties with the story of the so-called Manson Family, some of whom ultimately carried out the murders of actress Sharon Tate and four others the night of August 8, 1969. But many of the characters in the movie are based on real people.
She robbed multiple banks in several states along the East Coast, armed with notes demanding money from tellers — and, the authorities say, a “distinctive pink handbag.”
And now, the FBI says, the woman whom the bureau nicknamed the “Pink Lady Bandit” has been captured.
SAO PAULO (Reuters) – Armed men stole $40 million of gold and other precious metals on Thursday from a Sao Paulo cargo terminal at South America’s busiest airport, taking two hostages, police said.
Oh, yes. Bwahahahahahahahaha!
In the first signs of a mounting threat, criminals are starting to use deepfakes — starting with AI-generated audio — to impersonate CEOs and steal millions from companies, which are largely unprepared to combat them.